Aug 31, 2008

a day before ramadhan...

Masya Allah! There was an incident that happened yesterday that really brought me back a few years ago.. Masya Allah!

We made a purchase for our very first TV set at Suntec today. It was a genuine bargain.... glad we didn't give it a miss! Well anyways, the TV is secondary. The taxi ride to Yishun after purchasing the said TV is something that's remarkably surreal, I have to jot it down.

Of all the cabs that's lined up, we got into this particular Citicab driven by a brother named Mohamed Rafee. Besides the cab being an improvised cybercab (nvm dat part - i dun wanna side-track too much but the driver did provide a notebook for his passengers to surf for free =),
I honestly feel that it's already written by God Almighty for us to board his cab that day. This brother has been trying figure out how to convert clips from youtube to his gadget for a few days already but he didn't quite know how to do it... His niyah is beautiful indeed. He declares that he intends to learn this particular surah, Surah Al Mulk, and to memorise well enough for him to recite the complete surah before Ramadan ends. Such a beautiful niyah and what a wonderful goal he has set upon himself to accomplish in this coming holiest of months. Not the shortest of surah, I tell ya. Insya Allah, may brother Rafee achieve his goal and may he reaps in the pahala he deserves, Insya Allah. Amin!!!

Everything on earth is Islam. Birds, trees, your hair, hands, eyes, feet.... you name it. Everything/everyone is Islam - just a matter of one realising it sooner,later or at all.

This time, Allah swt has granted Brother Rafee the help he needs to fulfill his sincere niyah.
May Andy be rewarded for his deeds also, Ya Allah. Amin!

The scene in the cab was really sombre with the Surah Al-Mulk playing loudly on youtube and the driver just reciting away, totally immersed and you can just sensed that he was at peace.... Not an everyday scene I must say. I am grateful!

For me personally, a reminder that I've not been an active Muslim for quite a long while... I was even asked why I decided to put on the hijab by an interviewer a few days ago. At that precise moment, before I answered her, I felt like a hypocrite for a minute second. Why am I wearing the hijab? The answer didn't come instantly and dat scared me. Ya Allah!
I meant to say the biggest gift of all, hidayah, granted to me that made me put on the hijab but all I could muster was age and wisdom? Hmmmmmm.....

A reminder to take Islam as a whole and not just the ones that are simpler to follow. Many practising muslims are guilty of this basic practise and i'm ashamed to say, I'm no exception.
The iman fluctuates and it is time to bring it up high.
Syukur Alhamdulillah. ALLAH has sent me this reminder before Ramadhan arrives. I am truly grateful!

I can't wait for Ramadhan to come!!!!
Syukur Alhamdulillah, we're blessed to experience yet another year and Insya Allah, may we have the opportunity for many many more Ramadhans in the years to come. May or deeds be accepted and our sins, forgiven. Amin Ya Rabbal Al Amin!


Allahu Akbar! Wat an experience! =D

p/s: surah Al-Kursi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home