Aug 26, 2008

Job searching.... seeking.... WAITING

Searching and seeking is a 'have-to" in finding your next employemnt place but the waiting part.... OH GOD!, the waiting part is really nerve-wrecking.

So far I've turned down 2 potential successful employment and I was also turned down one time by NWA. So that's 3 places I've missed or gave a miss. It's ok.

Tmr ah-Mi is accompanying me to Tanjong Pagar for an interview for checkpoint officer. It's all the way to Woodlands and it's a 12 hour shift - 10 to 10. 2 days morning, 2 days nite and 2 days off.
So far so OK. But get this: the pay is a whopping $1200!!! This is INCLUSIVE of shift and transport allowance!!!! Oh gosh! After the mandatory deductions, I reckon I'll bring the bacon worth $900 home! $1000 pay-cut I tell ya! wow! And you wanna know what's the best part?
I'm still going for the interview tmr.

I realised that the only reason I passed up on the offer with OCBC, an employment dat pays $2.5k for a 24-7 call centre job for a customs officer that pays a humble $1200 can only mean one thing. Enough is enough. No more call centres for me. I wanna try something different. Admin, clerical, anything that minimises contact with people. I'd rather paperwork than peoplework from now on.

Oh yeah, and the waiting part..... It's not fun lemme tell you dat. The many more days I'm unemployed, the more unattractive my resumé looks. My heart skips a beat whenever I get a respond from a govt body that I've applied for, and I have applied to many for sure.

"Your application is currently receiving our attention and will be considered in competition with other applicants for the same position." Yay!!! I am having their attention! Yippee!!!
But then they go on with..."As the Ministry receives a large number of applications, we regret that only short-listed applicants will be notified to attend an interview."
my confident level dips to a 0 after acknowledging the fact that the Ministry receives a large number of applications. I'm not a fan of competitions. I hate losing. :S


Oh well.... I'm sandwiched btwn a rock and a hard place fer sure!


p/s: one of them?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home