Jun 7, 2008

Brother's moment

I miss my bro very much. I can feel his absence.....
There are days when I miss him more coz I'm unable to "talk" to him when I really want to.
He's not around for me to have my take-5 laugh time at home. I miss the times he bothered me incessantly to have supper at 12midnights. To ask for advice, to be a listening ear (which he's not very good at but he's a guy so you can't fault him on that), to talk and discuss about Islam. He always has a hadith at his fingertips to back up his reasoning. I dunno how he does it!
S...i...g...h... I hope he's well and happy there with Desiree.
May Allah SWT prtect them both from harm. AMIN!

I was springcleaning my PC when I saw this article saved on the desktop. It made me smile.
You may already know that my bro has his own website. -> www.happeepill.com
A girl has sent him an e-mail with a lot of questions particularly on Islam and Malays.
This is a moment typical of my brother. I wish I had his brains..

i didn't write this to offend you or the malays.

i am just curious about every religion.
i as a chinese ask myself about buddhism and taoist.
i got my malay friend fustrated by asking her a lot about her religion. she tell me to ask somebody else so i wish you got hte ans to my questions.
why malay girls need to wear the that thing on their head as part of costume?
why is allah called allah?
who named him?
he got parents?
where did he come from?
how does he look like?
anybody got see him before?
how people know he exist?
why my friend say malay cannot change religion?
i thought people should choose the religion they believe in but not choose that religion because of reasons like: my mum tell me to... or my dad say if i don't choose then no allowance ... or even my family will think i extra if i dun do what they say..
why eat pork will go hell? why malay can eat other animal and no need go hell?
why pork? not chicken? not beef?
is it that allah just don't like pork?
y?
why my friend say pork is dirty.. why?
some animals like chicken also sometimes eat rubbish by mistake!
maybe the chicken eat the corn on the floor and ate some soil?
is tat consider dirty?
why malay called malay?
is malay came from malaysia?
if not, then why got the name almost the same?
are they related?
which country dose malays come from?
if a chinese girl marry malay guy then must both follow malay religion,
then y a chinese guy who marry a malay girl, the guy have to follow malay religion also?
is it that people from other religion who marry people from malay religion must follow malay religion?
i thought girl must follow the husband religion no matter wat the religion is?
or they stay in their own religion even after marraige?

my friend is scolding, bye
hope you can ans all my ques.

And to that, my brother whom I admire very2 much but will not tell him to his face ever, replied:-

Peace Mandii,

Before I start, I would like to apologize for taking such a LONG time to answer to you. You asked a lot of questions and I need to give you the correct answers. Another is that, I want to congratulate you in asking questions on religion. Some people like to go fishing, play soccer and go about their life without asking important questions like “Why am I here?” or “Is there a God?” etc. So it is good to ask questions about Islam, Buddhism, Taoism etc.

1) i want to ask why you all need to ask for forgiveness during hari raya?
if you all know that it is wrong, you should not do it in the first place!
We ask forgiveness because everyone makes mistake and this is the time to make amends. Sometimes, even though we know that something is wrong, we still do it because of factors like anger, being vindictive etc. All human beings make mistake. So asking forgiveness is to acknowledge that you have done wrong and commit yourself not to repeat the mistake.

2) Why Malay girls need to wear that thing on their head as part of costume?
Before I go into this, you must know that Malay and Muslim is 2 different things. A Malay can be Christian, Buddhist, Atheist etc. It’s the same as a Chinese being Christian, Buddhist, Taoist etc.

Some Malays wear the headscarves also know as the hijab because their religion Islam, commands it. The reason on behind Muslim women wearing it is because to guard their modesty.

3) Why is Allah called Allah? Who named him?
Allah is simply an arabic word which means…”God”. Muslims use this word as well as Arab Christians.

4) Where did he come from? He got parents? How did he look like?
These question is answered in the Quran, Surah Al Ikhlas:

Who is Allah?
1. Say: He, Allah, is One.
2. Allah is He on Whom all depend.
3. He begets not, nor is He begotten.
4. And none is like Him.

With the Surah above, we know,
1. Allah Is ONE.
2. Allah Independent ( Besought of all)
3a. Allah Begets Not (has no offspring)
3b. and is Not Begotten (not the offspring of anyone)
4. None is Like Allah

So that means, we know Allah (God) does not resemble anything that you can imagine.

5) How people know He exist? Anybody got see him before?
How do people know Allah (God) exist? This question was already in a hadith; “Camel droppings point to the existence of a camel. Footprints on the sand tell of a traveler. The heaven with its stars, the earth with its mountains and valleys, and the sea with its waves – don’t they point to the Maker, All-Powerful, Knowing, Wise and Caring?”

You want to see Allah (God)? The Quran answers this question:
'No vision can grasp Him, but His grasp is over all vision"- That means, You cannot see Allah but Allah sees all things.

I'm not sure whether he has replied to the girl eventually...
He is an awesome brother and I enjoyed being his lil' sis. May Allah grant me as much wisdom and knowledge as he, if not more. Amin.
I love my abang to death. :)

Now I need to go mandi to meet Trish. Best!! Life goes on.....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup2, he have replied.. A very good one I must say.. Miss him much too!!

June 9, 2008 at 11:20 PM  
Blogger Sssshhh....Shah said...

"A very good one I must say". huh? tak paham? He replied with a very good one? eh?

June 12, 2008 at 7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maksud me, jawapan yang diberikan kepada soalan mengenai Islam di lelaman webnye itu yang bagus sekali.. Bernas dan dapat masuk dek akal.. Paham!!!

Tak paham, pergi berguru lagik yea dik yea ; )

June 19, 2008 at 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home