Jun 1, 2008

The world is never gonna change. So I have to.

Different shades of life. The world is NEVER gonna change so I know I HAVE TO.

It's 12.13 Monday morning. Gotta a feeling this is going to be one lengthy write-up but I'll make this quick. Thoughts are running amok in my head. Zero chance of falling asleep so after I expel my thoughts, opinions and judgements in this cyber diary o'mine, hopefully I can catch a few ZzZzZs for work later. My sincere apologies before you read on as I dun intend to offend. Merely to express myself the best way I know how.. .


I'm surrounded by all sorts of characters in this life.... Different ppl from different upbringing, influences and basically characters, simply put. But some I just don't understand.......


Why do some ppl think it's ok for their kids to act like mini hooligans/ brats/ lil "devil's child" just because "they are just being kids"??? Why do they expect other ppl to tolerate the rantings and screaming of their lil' offspring just because "kids are just being kids"???
I'm trying my best here to be mild in language, but it's freakin' apparent that there's a serious lack of discipline by both parents for their lil doe-eyed innocent children to become lil doe-eyed Monsters! But wat's more heart-wrenching, you risk offending the proud oblivious parents when you, God forbid, try to even educate the child by just reminding him that he doesn't need to shout when he talks....he still can be heard talking in normal voice. Makes sense doesn't it?? Not to the oblivious parents coz hey, the child shouts coz " he's just being a kid". Lighten up man. Sheesh!
And the irony of it all, the same typical set of parents will actually shake their heads in disgust when they encounter another brat/monster from another set of freakin' oblivious parents.
It's a vicious cycle.

The world is never gonna change. So I have to.

I genuinely dun understand why some ppl take it upon themselves to be your PA when you dun remember appointing anyone for that position. Maybe they think that you're such a mess and directionless and not motivated enough like they are so they just wanna "help". And excuse me for rejecting your "help" or not appreciating your constant reminders coz being the SENSitive fella that I am, I can SENSE that you're quite happy and feel elevated and at the same time patting yourself on your own back whenever you offer your"help/reminder" coz you're nothing like me.. You dun have to be reminded to be focus because you ALREADY ARE focused.
Well good for you. Oh yes, plssssssss... quit being a people pleaser. Stick to your choices and opinions. You may not be well-liked by all but at least you're staying true to yourself and that's important. At least that's important to me. Now I feel like I'M your PA. haha!

The world is never gonna change. So I have to.

I dun understand why another person can reap in the profits when you're doing all the dirty work. I guess being a "silent killer" is a much much better way to get what you want. Coz at the end of the day, we may be fighting for the same thing but it's still an individual game we play.
So stay silent..

The world is never gonna change. So I have to.

Why do you think your words don't or cannot hurt others? Maybe you know you're spouting hurtful words but you just don't bother to care how it might make others feel. Worse, you might even intend to cause hurt. Dat's evil. I read before that the heaviest task for a human is "amanah". Coz not even the djinns, malaikats, animals want to take that responsibility to be righteous Muslims and to spread the word of the true religion coz it's that heavy. They're afraid they might fail in that task but humans, we took on that "amanah" and as a result some will certainly be thrown in the hells of fire because the "amanah" is just too great a weight for them to shoulder. They fail to carry out the assigned task.
The closest thing to a human is death coz our life may be taken from us any time. To prevent materialism or love of the wordly life, one should constantly think of death. Insya Allah you'll be able to see the bigger picture and the $300+ discounted Burberry bag you just bought may not seem such a bargain after all. This last one has a link to what I commented above. The most evil of all to humans is their tongue. With the tongue, they can hurt a deep deep wound even to their most beloved. From experience, the tongue has enlightened me for what is to come. Insya Allah I will be granted the patience and perseverance. Your words may have hurt me.
But your words have also helped me.

The world is never gonna change. So I have to.

This part I r e a l l y do not understand. How can you question or belittle the way of Islam when you yourself are Muslims? I'm not referring to the very pious of us or even the practising Muslims. Even if you're a "modern muslim" (like there's such a thing as old-fashioned Islam. Sheesh.. ) , please do us all the favour by not belittling the way of Islam or to question the relevance and importance of following the Islamic way especially when there are non muslims around. It is our duty to enlighten when asked about the true religion so when you say something like"ya Muslim men a bit hard lah. cannot wear gold..
but that's more to the "older generation........"
WAT????!?!?!!!? Islam does NOT evolve over time. It wasn't one way in the past and another way now. To accomodate the "MODERN MUSLIMS" the men in the "younger generation" are allowed to wear gold????!! Come on lah. Stop being ignorantly proud... May ALLAH forgives us for our sins. Amin.

I'm aware of my own shortcomings and am faaaar from being perfect. I may sometimes also act like this different characters I write about. I know I've rubbed you the wrong way too. If I've stepped on your toes severely enough that you can't sleep thinking about it, go on, write away. That's the reason we have this venting blog channels in the first place. But I am sorry that I've caused you hurt.

This determination and strong will to better myself comes from my unborn children when I do have them one day, Insya Allah. All I do will be for them. Maybe that's the reason why I can't sleep now. I keep on asking myself what kind of mother will I be.....? I really don't know at this point but I know I have to improve myself as a person now, in order for me to become a good mother to them in the future. The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world. Insya Allah. Insya Allah. Amin!

Hopefully, when I change, the world will too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home