Aug 29, 2008

1 year. 2 more months.

Syukur, Syukur Alhamdulillah.

Today marks our one year engagement. Ya Allah! Cepat eh...! Time whizzes by like nobody's business.

I sure didn't plan for this. To be engaged, that is.
I didn't believe in engagements for the longest time - just a ceremony to announce in a big, grand, totally unnecessary way. (But if you can well afford to have it that way, I say go for o'course if that's your thang. *wink* I still think it's a waste of money but dat's just me. :P)

But I'm glad I'm a fianceƩ before being a wife. It's a gradual transition of roles really. From being single to suddenly being "double" for the rest of your life. Yikes! I guess being engaged minimises "culture shock". True you know. Even the marriage course we went to says it's recommended for the couple to be engaged at least 6 months before getting married. It's good. It's good.

Well our engagement was a very simple affair, JUST the way I like. It was very personal and real to me and I appreciated that it went as "small" as it did. Just 2 family units binded because Andy and I finally found each other. I'm smiling.

It's been a solid year and all praises belong to ALLAH, our love's getting stronger and I personally cannot wait to be with him and share the remaining days of my life with this person God has generously presented me with. To wake up beside him, to see his face the last before I sleep. I am in love. I am in love with Andy. ........................................................................................................

...............................................................Please make this happen for us, Ya Allah!..........................


Andy and I went to HDB yesterday and now, we just need to collect our keys.....................in 2012.
Oritey!!!! :D
What a brilliant gift right! Andy bought me a house on our 1 year engagement!
I can't wait to see what he'll get me on our 1 year marriage anniversary.....! Hahahaa. Me-lam-pau!


p/s: "I've forgiven you a long time ago."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home