Aug 22, 2009

Preggie Experience Number.1

Journey to being a mummy has already begun, in a scary fashion I must add. This brings me to the realisation that I am not as strong as I thought I was... Went to the office toilet after attending the ultimately boring staff dialogue, only to find blood on my pantyliner. Ya Allah! I AUTOMATICALLY broke down in tears. THAT'S my first reaction! To cry! I was so scared, think i shivered while holding my pantyliner. scared I might lose my baby!!! Ya Allah! I dun wanna go through that again. I know that it's impossible for me to ask that, coz being pregnant is like a roller coaster ride that ends only when the baby pops out. I read too many books to already know this. What i take from what has happened is Insya Allah better prepared and more focused that what happens is part and parcel of being a preggie.

Finally went to KK hospital yesterday after the very kind Dr Meena from Isun poly (think she lives in Pasir Ris. hahaha!) wrote a referral letter to A&E KK women's clinic. I wanted to kiss the Dr for asking hubbs whether he's intending to send my to KK in a cab. If he didn't think of the idea before, the Dr shoved the idea to him and pushed aside the very tiring discussion of taking bus/mrt there. Cab. dat settles it. The Dr said to do so. hahaa!! no two way about it. :) Dr meena shared with me how her first pregnancy she bled so much, her doctors told her to give up. ???!!! Now, she has a healthy 4 year old daughter. I appreciated that moment. It helped a bit i guess although I was still sobbing quite bad. :)

While at KK waiting for my no to be called, there was a china girl who had severe? abdominal pains she had to be helped to walk. Ouch! Anoter preggie came and I overheard her telling the nurse she's due anyday soon but notice her blood is different colour??? dat one is a classic!!! scary but calssic all the same! what colour should it alwayys be? dark maroonish red? and now? maroonish red, not so dark? or worse still, blue??? hahaha.. yah.. think it's a good idea for me just head down to KK clinic whenever paranoia hits me. It's an open window to make me clm down with al the weird stuffs happening to other preggies. evil eh. whatever works.

Dr Ben Choey is much much better than that Dr Karolyn from Raffles Clinic. Dun wanna focus on the negative person lah. Dr Ben is so gentle, he reassures me. Initail impression was he's too young to look under my skirt lah. but young drs has their upsides too. Can talk to him like friend. He informed baby is just 6 weeks old as of 22August2009. Due date for baby is 18April2010. :D Insya Allah. Told the doc that's just 2 days after my birthday and he jokingly said he can make the delivery earlier if we want. hahaha.. so funny. punchline: i actually believed him lah at first! wah! you can do that? HAHAHA..

He gve us scans of baby's pic and Dr Ben called hubby to the checking area to look at the monitor. That was a moment is hall keep forever!!! My hubby, the father, is the 1st person to see our baby's heartbeat. Another moment was when Dr told me to hole my breath for 10 seconds to really ideufy my baby's heartbeat is his. Dat was so special to me...beyond words. Ya Allah! Lindungilah kandunganku dari bahaya. Jadikanlah kandunganku in hamba yang soleh sepertimana yang telah ditunjukkan oleh RasulMU. Jadikanlah ia hambaMU yang suka beribadah, yng kuat iman dan suka musahabah dirinya. Cukupkanlah sifatnya, zahir dan batin. AMIN!!!!!!


I've got to bed rest till 1st sep. dat's like 10 days rest. mummy journey continues. Insya Allah!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home