Apr 5, 2009

Life at Yishun - I burnt the Curry!!!!!!

Life at Yishun.....

I burnt the curry!!! Right down to the blackened pot! Ya Allah.... How malu kan..! I cannot imagine what the MIL must be thinking.. 'so forgetful ar? even my daughter, the younger one, would never forget to man the stove...” Urgh! watever lah but still so malu kan... I'm barely here for 1 week and I already managed to burn the kitchen. Super useless.

Reality check. I though I'd be the one to inherit mak's God-given cullinary skill, oh how wrong can I get. I'm useless at the kitchen. Ma ayang has better skills than me. Kakak thinks she has it but can never really BE there, u know what I mean. The dish are somewhat superficial (no surprise there) if u ask me.. The colour's rite, all the supposed ingredients are intact... but it never is quite the same as mak. Bur at least she thinks it is and whatever makes her add on to that happy world of hers is none of my biz.

I'm in the kitchen now. A realisation. Life in Yishun is not so bad without the main residents, namely the MIL, THE SIL and maybe the FIL. He's on nuetral ground to me. (the fact that he's a man has a lot to do with = not a bitch)

The place is so quiet it borders on BOREDOM. The lack of any audio puts any libraries to shame.. At least there are kids running ard, mobilephones going off, teens being their usual lack of moral selves talking loudly.. I'm irritated already. A different kind of irritation. Where's the middle ground? I feel uneasy turning the TV on in the living room coz no one does it. Dun get me started on sitting on the sofa....

I turned on the stove to panaskan the lauk then went in the room.. MY BAD! but there was zero activity in the kitchen that if I wasn't in my rrom, I'd be staring at the pot as it re-heats the dish. No TV, radio is just to listen... Lesson learnt: I'll bring the lappy in the kitchen and self=talk myself out of this place.

I just told MIL about the curry. They just came back home. She sucks lah. Different league with my mum. Unfair to compare even. Ya Allah. I know I made a huge blunder but bukannya sengaja. Aku tau lah bapak nak makan....What am I supposed to do now????? Andy would never get that kind of reply from mak. Maybe I would but Mak would never say that to her son in law. I'm certain she would just laugh and crack a dirty joke. We would be embarrassed by the joke and forget abt the incident ever taking place. Maybe the fact that MIL knows we've sold the house and we've got no choice but to stay under her roof makes her feel aloof with both of us staying here. Maybe lah.

I miss mak and abah. Can I rent someplace else to live, Ya Allah....? Just till we get the keys to Punggol??? It's barely a week I'm here.......... Ya Allah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home