Feb 24, 2007

As I was saying...

I've been saving this draft for months. As a sign of respect to arwah Ayu, I decided it wasn't the most appropriate of time to post an entry so joyful and memorable to me that is Hari Raya Aidil Adha which fell on 31/12/2006 - the very same day arwah left us. It has been months now and life for the living continues. But I would like for us to pause and say Al-Fateha for arwah Ayu before I continue on. Let's keep her in our hearts and our prayers. (I appeal for you to do the same when it's my turn to meet our Maker.) Now where's that tissue?....

The day when I tried to finally post this saved entry, Friendster decided not to co-operate thus rudely interrupting my thoughts. The page went kaput and I couldn't retrieve it after. That kindda broke the camel's back and also my spirit of ever writing anywhere powered by Friendster blogs again, so that's why we are here.... That's why we are heeere.... That's why we are here.... ;-)
(the only part i know from that song by Enigma. heee.. Sing with me ppl!)
K k, back to topic at hand.

<-- BaaBaa here has eyes blue like the ocean!

The family and I initally planned to go up Melaka to celebrate Aidil Adha there. What a brilliant idea because 1) the last I've been to Melaka (or anywhere for that matter) was once upon a time ago 2) we have the opportunity to have the celebrations differently this year coz of the long holiday. 3) I planned to appoint meself as the unofficial camerawoman for the korban event.
"It would be so0o0oo cool."

To say I was excited was an understatement. I was really looking forward to immerse myself in the whole experience and bask in the celebration mood kampong style. Yey yey! I was sure I would appreciate every single minute of it. And so I began to strike dates off my calendar for the day for us to balik kampong even though it was the rainny season. It was raining, no, make that pouring, very heavily, every, single, day.

Honestly, I knew the trip wasn't going to happen but I was in denial and I pressed on and continued striking off dates. One morning, my mum made it official. An aunt from kampong called to say that it would be unwise (polite term for dumb) for us to come to Melaka in such a weather. Parts of M'sia were flooded anyways and there wasn't a way for us to go even if we wanted to. So that was that. Denial bubble burst. I wasn't too upset coz the skies didn't seem to wanna lighten up (pun so intended here), but I was still a wee bit disappointed.

A few days after, I was walking my way towards P Lebar station by the pathway below the train tracks after lunching with the family. When alone, too many unnecessary thoughts creep in and I tend to hang my head and focus on the concrete as I walk. This time a wift of bau kampong distracted me and I had to stop. Where is it coming from?..

I turned and saw this --->
A temporary Kandang kambing!! Woo hoo! =)

I braved the oh-so-muddy terrain/ground to get nearer and have a better look.
Lo and behold, inside the kandang laid.....

and more !!! heeeeeheeeehee!!!

I was so freakin' happeee! One thing came to mind almost immediately after setting my eyes on all those beautiful goats/sheeps/lambs, kambings/muttons: although I couldn't go to Melaka, Melaka made it's way down to Meeeee.... Syukur Alhamdullilah! Thank You!x3 And like a cherry on top, I had my digicam on me. Super duper sweet! I get to share the love.. :)
Point, click! Point, click! I was kindda nervous that I may be disturbing the resting sheep with the flashlight and they would run amok and start a stampede. So after each shot, I'd ssshhh them to go back lay down. It worked. =) Careful not to appear like a lost tourist, I hurried away after taking those quickie snapshots. Happiness.. :D

Selamat Hari Raya Haji semuer!! (Pls remember, i wrote this when there still was raya mood.)
We went to Ucu's house at Woodlands as a Plan B. That was nice. My grandma was there and it felt like Raya Aidilfitri instead for a while. I'm embarrased to say I didn't put too much emphasis on our holy festivals before. On the morn of Raya Aidilfitri, I looked forward to seek forgiveness in the early morning from each member of my family. That was how simple my way of "celebration" back then. Visiting relatives was a hassle I didn't want any part of, thank you. Aidil Adha's worse. I used to watch TV all day like it's just another normal day w/o any significance at all.. U so weak, Shah.

You can imagine how terribly fortunate and grateful I am for the chance to come together to pray as a jema'ah at my uncle's. Side by side with ppl I hold so close to my heart. (I still can't find that tissue...) I felt that that was the very 1st Aidil Adha I've experienced in my 26yrs. Syukur Alhamdullilah!
I am adamant in posting this entry because of the special meaning it holds for me.
Treasured memories.... I just know that I'll want to read this again someday.

:)

God is The Greatest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home